The Ultimate Pros and Cons of Smartwatches You Should Know
If you are a tech-savvy person, you must have learned a thing or two about smartwatches. These are super cool smart gadgets fully furnished to monitor your health and a little bit of other work as well. If you are new to smartwatches and thinking of buying one for you or your family or friend, then please, spend a few minutes on this article. We will give you a quick rundown of all the pros and cons of smartwatches.
Pros of smartwatches:
- Time telling is the basic job of any watch. But smartwatches do it better and in a super cool style. You can change the faces of your smartwatch everyday.
- It can show you the calendar as well and you can set things up on your calendar.
- Smartwatches have GPS tracking. So, if you are riding your bike or car, you can actually use the GPS to track your movement. There are so many ways you can use this to your advantage.
- Some of the smartwatches can even help you translate other languages.
- Although the smartwatch screens are not that big, some of them have gaming functions. You can play some basic games.
- The Fitness tracking function is the main attraction of a smartwatch. It has all kinds of fitness tracking functions. It can count your steps, heart beats, blood pressure, calorie counter - how much calorie you are burning during an exercise session, sleep monitor, etc.
- Connectivity is another attraction of smartwatches. You can connect to WiFi, and Bluetooth without any problem. You will need a smartphone and an app to enter the WiFi password though.
- Smartwatches nowadays can place a call using a sim card. So, in a sense, it becomes like a smartphone for you.
- Your smartwatch can be an awesome media-playing device. It can play music from your smartphone.
- There are smartwatches with cameras. You can take a snap anytime.
- Some smartwatches are so high-end that they can tell you what your altitude is.
- Most smartwatches come with compasses. So, finding your way out in the wilderness would not be a problem.
- Some smartwatches fashion good speakers. You can take a hike in the park or the mountain trails and listen to your favorite music aloud. You will not feel alone.
- With the help of the internet, your smartwatch can get you an update on the weather.
- You can read the temperature of the atmosphere whenever you want.
- You can measure the O2 level in your blood.
- You can pay bills also.
These are just a few advantages of a smartwatch. Now, let us have a look at some disadvantages.
Cons of smartwatches:
- It is really fun to have so many functionalities sitting right on your wrist just like your smartphone. But you should also remember how much battery charge each function can eat up. Compared to a smartphone, a smartwatch has such a tiny battery to support a massive list of functionalities. As a result, the smartwatch battery power runs out quickly. Even the most expensive smartwatches cannot give you battery capacity like a smartphone.
- Although there are so many functionalities in your smartwatch, they merely seem like a show-off because the screen size is very small. Even if there is a game, you cannot really expect yourself to play a game on your smartwatch.
- If the battery dies quickly, you will have to charge the smartwatch many times over during your day.
Although these reasons can seriously dishearten you, you should still consider buying a smartwatch. We hope that this article will help you come to that decision.