Smart watch VS Digital watch. What is the main difference between smartwatch and digital watch
We all must have seen a digital watch, even though we may not have seen a smartwatch. This all depends on your connection to the modern digital world and where in this world you live. I mean you, cannot expect the people living in the jungles to know about any of this, right? But what if you are from a modern city or area where you have a smartphone network and the internet?
Then, believing that you may have come across a digital clock is not difficult. I am saying all this because I will be assuming from now on that you know what a digital watch is.
So, now it can be said that although all smartwatches are digital watches, not all digital watches are smartwatches. This means that a smartwatch has what it takes to be a digital watch, but not all digital watches have what it takes to be a smartwatch. Digital watches can only show you date and time. They can also be water-resistant in addition, but that is it. Any additional smart or intelligent functions will make it a smartwatch.
If you do not know what smartwatches can do, let me give you a very concise list of possible functions of a smartwatch.
- This can show you the date and time.
- You can view the weather.
- Some smartwatches have altimeter, and GPS abilities.
- On some smartwatches, you can call other people.
- You can get your social app notifications directly on your smartwatch via your smartphone.
- You can connect to WiFi and Bluetooth.
- You can play music, and store music in your smartwatch storage.
- Your smartwatch can monitor your heart rate, blood pressure, O2 level in your blood, sleep duration, etc.
- Smartwatches can keep track of your exercises, calories burned, distance of walking or jogging, etc.
In short, if your watch is acting like a computer then you have a smartwatch. But if it is only showing what any other normal digital clocks show, you have a digital watch. Please, do not worry, you can buy a smartwatch next time you are in the market for a watch.